RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

if you sign away your rights in the state of florida ...

Customer Question

if you sign away your rights in the state of florida during a divorce do you still have to take the 4 hour parenting course?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. If you parental rights are going to be terminated here then the answer would be no. If you signed a voluntary relinquishment of your parental rights then you would not need to complete the class.

I am assuming that this is what you signed here and that the other parent is terminating your rights. Termination is a final thing and you would not have any rights, duties, or responsibilities once they grant it.

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.