legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years

Non custodial parent has visitation every other

Customer Question

Non custodial parent has visitation every other weekend, then two non-consecutive weeks in the summer. Visitation has been requested for Aug 6-13 and Aug 20-27, which includes weekends that would normally be mine. However, they also want the regular alternating weekends. This will give them the children every weekend for the month of August. I do not believe that is the intention of the summer vacation, but, have been told if I deny visittion on the alternate weekends that is in violation of the residential schedule? -
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 5 years ago.
Does the order stipulate if a week is 5 days or 7 days for the summer and if it is Mon-Fri or Mon-Sun?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Reply to Shelley's Post: The order identifies a week as 7 days. The only further definition is holidays falling within
the weekend visitation include(example: visitaion on Friday at 5 to (holiday) Monday at 7PM )does that make sense?
Since the order is silent as to the weeks during the summer needing to include the designated weekends that the parent already gets it could work out as you described if the non-custodial parent picks his/her two weeks to include the weekends they would not normally have visitation. I agree the intent of the summer visitation is not to deny the custodial parent custody for four weekends in a row. But if the parents agree that the non-custodial parent will have visitation all four weekends that is fine or the non-custodial parent could take the two weeks and let the custodial parent have the two weekends that were supposed be the non-custodial parent's so he/she does not have the children four weekends in a row. You are right, you can not deny the visitation on the regularly scheduled weekends.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There seems to be a problem with my account. Somehow I ended up with a $60 credit. I did not intend two entries, ONLY one. Is there some way to correct this? Once we clear up the overcharge, then I can accept the fine answer to my question.

Thank you for your assistance. My cell phone(NNN) NNN-NNNN