RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

Can child support be made by a court order with only ...

Can child support be made by a court order with only one parent present?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Yes if the other side had notice and did not appear. The corut enters a default and sets it for whatever it deems reasonable in such a circumstance. If the other pary does not appear then they do so at their own risk here. But yes once the other party has been served then the court can proceed without them...
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Can one party verbally tell the other party there is a court order for child support? and how does one get the actuall information without being served?
He is presumed to have notice and the absent parent has the burden of checking the file. The court would hear a contempt motion if absent parent doesn't comply with the support order. Absent parent totally liable to make payments. You or your lawyer can send copy of order. He can be held in contempt for not paying..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.