JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992

In the state of Texas, if I have my son 50% of the ...

In the state of Texas, if I have my son 50% of the time, am I obliged to also pay child support?
There is no set answer because the judge decides this on a case by case basis focusing entirely on the "best interest of the child". What I have seen them do pretty often is make each parent pay child support to the other parent. The theory is that this equalizes the resources available to the child at each home. I ahev also seen judges just let the child support obligations cance each other out, but this is rarer.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Always feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.