RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

what is the difference between voluntary relinquishment of ...

what is the difference between voluntary relinquishment of parental rights and court termination of parental rights? is tpr difficult to get if the biological parents have proven history of mental illness and drug abuse? thank you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. The effect is the same. Voluntary they sigm away, involuntary the court agrees with you that the parent did not support, abandened, etc. The court also must find that it is in the best interest to grant termination as well. The botXXXXX XXXXXne here is that their rights are terminated and the parent then no longer has the powers, duties, etc, of a parent here...

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.