Mike, Lawyer
Experience:  Family law experience and many years of legal analysis and research

Can cps make me move out of my home

Customer Question

My husband, my son and I live with his mother, sister, and boyfriend. Can they make me move cause of drugs?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
CPS can give you a choice, you displace your self or, they could actually remove the children, and place them in the system, and this will force a long court battle to get the kids back, thus if you have a good attorney, and are okay to fight a hard battle, and if the allegation have no merit, I would advise a client to absolutley fight. But, if there is truth to the story, try to work with CPS, and not against them.

IC 12-13-5-3 Allows DCS to remove and place your children into emergency housing and further place the children into foster home setting.