Mike, Lawyer
Experience:  Family law experience and many years of legal analysis and research
10487858

my soon to be ex-husband has been stealing my mail and

my soon to be ex-husband has been stealing my mail and giving it to his attorney. the mail in question are credit card bills which i have accrued since january since he financially cut me and our children off. when i was awarded temp support last monday he threw my check and my overdue credit card bills at me. i have every intention of paying them since i just got a job but this has affected my credit and the ability to finance a home for me and my children. i have been a stay at home mom for 8 yrs and am at a loss. any advice would be great.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
Contact the Postal service inspector, as this is a Federal Offense, and I would strongley suggest to press charges.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i get no answer before i pay yet again another atty?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
already done Mike, what i want to know is it even worth my time and money. right now im robbing peter to pay paul for my atty bills and they are on the credit card bills taken by my husband and shown to his atty w/out me seeing or giving any consent because he has already supeoned everything i have as well as suing me for his atty bills
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
It is worth it to pursue criminal charges against him, this won't cost you any money, just time to pursue him with the Federal and Local police. Have you advised your creditors what occured, as they also have invetigators that can help you pursue theft charges, and possibly ID theft. As if he tampered with your credit card info, bills etc, this is ID theft, as you do not know what he did with this info. I would suggest you also make a report for this to.

So, is t worth it. Yes, to stop him from doing this, and hopefully he will get some jail time for committig these criminal acts against you.