How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 39419
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the law on child abandonment in Maryland.

This answer was rated:

What is the law on child abandonment in Maryland. My husband has not heard from his 12 year olds mother in over a month. They have joint custody, and she is suppose to have the custodial rights for him. She allowed him to live with us for the school year last year as long as we continued to pay child support. She apparantly is using drugs and in an abusive relationship. We have no idea what her address is and have no way of getting a hold of her.
Thanks for your question. Abandonment is a ground here and would apply. You have good facts and termination would appear in the child's best interest here. This has been a serious period of non contact here and in my mind mother is uncapable of being a parent to this child.

You may need to obtain alwyer here to file and represent here. you have a good set of facts here to proceed to termination. I wish you good luck.

Here is reference below for you as well..
RayAnswers and 9 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you