RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

I live in Texas with my life partner. We have legal ...

I live in Texas with my life partner. We have legal documents as far as wills. But we don''t share title on a mortgage. Can I sue for to reclaim my half of our home?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. In Texas if you do not have your name of the property unfortunately you don't have a claim here. Texas does not recognize same sex marriage or life partners legally at this time. My sympathy to you here. I wish it were differnt and I hope someday it is but as it exists you have no claim by law unless you have something in writing...

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.