RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

In New York State, what is the hierarchy of blood relatives ...

Customer Question

In New York State, what is the hierarchy of blood relatives (kinship) for purposes of medical care?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Adults in general have the right to determine their own care. Unless they have made a durable power of attorney here or a living will then adults cannot make medical decisons for them.

If it is an emergency situation then the doctors are requred to give treatment here. Here is web page that goes through these issues and the way someone can execute documents to allow someone to act in thier place for medical treatment.

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This did not answer my question, which was very specific. Your general answer does not address the question. Again, the question is "In New York State, what is the hierarchy of blood relatives (kinship) for purposes of medical care?"
I'll opt out here and let you get another opinion..