How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mike Your Own Question
Mike, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 573
Experience:  Family law experience and many years of legal analysis and research
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Mike is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our court order was recently modified. I thought we were ...

Resolved Question:

Our court order was recently modified. I thought we were just switiching a night of the week and somehow, it has now been written that we have joint physical custody when before I had joint physical custody and we had joint decision making custody. (health and education) My ex husband is now demanding that if I am away from the children for 2 hours or more that they be brought to him. He is having a dispute with his parents and is not allowing them to see the children. I tend to let the children spend a significant amount of time with their grandparents on my time. They have always been parent of the childrens lives. Does joint physical custody mean that he has the right to demand I only leave them with him and that I am not allowed to choose who spends time with the children on my time?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.
Yes, he can require that he be given preferrence to watch the kids before another person, whether it is family or not. The court would give him and you preference over others.
Mike and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you