RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

if my husband wants to disvorce me, can i legally throw him ...

if my husband wants to disvorce me, can i legally throw him out of our house while we wait for this to happen????
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Unless you purchased the home and it is your separate property then unfortunately no. I can understand and sympathize with you in this situation.

If this home was bought during the marriage then the court has to issues temporary orders after a filing and decide who gets the residence during the divorce. If by chance you own this house in your name alone and purchased before marriage then you can requset he leave and call the ploice if her doesn't. It makes a difference here when and who owns or leases the house...

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.