RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

My sister has an eating disorder and was suicidal 8 ...

My sister has an eating disorder and was suicidal 8 months ago and now wants to leave her dead beat husband. will this play a factor in custody?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Is is a factor. Yes it will be one. there will no doubt be others. If she has been ok and a good working parent since then she would be fine. If she has positive things to offer as a parent then the court will see these and the other problems will fade to the back here.

I'm assuming the deadbeat dad here also isn't perfect by any means either. the court looks at both parites and has to decide basically who is the better parent here and give the parent primary custody who can best provide for the kids. The court looks at the overall best interest of the kids here. I wish both you and your sister the best here. Sounds like she is turning her life around one day at a time here...

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.