RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

i have a friend that while he was in the middle of his ...

i have a friend that while he was in the middle of his divorce his wife had a baby. now his lawyer is saying that he cant have a paternity test done and do anything about the child support he is currently paying because they are divorced. he does not believe this is his baby. she is a three time divorced woman currently going after a forth husband . we believe she divorced him because she was trying to cover up paternity of the child. we think the lawyer is incorrect and would like to know if there is anything we can do about this problem . please help as soon as you can we are very frustrated over this and would like to have this settled once and for all. thank you , sandy
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You don't indicate the time lag here between the birth and now. Usually it is possible to ask the court for a dna rest here but if it has been an extended period the time to request one may have been waived here. I don't think that your lawyer is wrong here, his answer would be based on he/she having a more complete picture here. If you give me a state I'll suppliment here..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
7 months have passed since his birth on jan. 11th the divorce final in feb . we live in kansas.
Did you sign an affidavit of paternity or is ther a court order/decree namiong you the father. If so here I agree with your attorney the time may have passed. Here is web site with more information here..