RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

my uncle and I have 3 kids of our own and now we want to ...

my uncle and I have 3 kids of our own and now we want to legally get married, where can we go?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Here are the requirements for all fifty states on the web page below. You would have to check them here about blood relatives. Thay are all a little bit differrent. In Nevada it's second cousins or closer..

http://www.amarriagelaws.com/laws/united_states/index.shtml

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
done that, and they don't allow such marriages, That's why I'm asking where or who will allowed our marrige?
I read this again and it can't happen in any of the 50 states. I'm not sure if there is any country that would allow it. Sorry I couldnt' find one that would permit it...
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have also search on this site. The reason for emailing you was because I thought you would be able to tell where ( name of state ) to go or what state will allow our marriage?
No state in the United States will allow a marriage of an uncle and a niece. This is considered closer than a first cousin and thus barred. You would have to find somewhere overseas. There are genetic reasons for not allowing this to happen here.Sorry but not in the U.S. anywhere...