AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Family law matters.

My daughter will be 19 in Sept. She is midly mentally ...

My daughter will be 19 in Sept. She is midly mentally handicap, but know''s what she want''s. what are her right''s as far as visiting with her father, and am I responsible for making her do this.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 8 years ago.

Good evening, it is a pleasure responding to your question. A quick clarification question to you, if you don't mind:

Your daugher is an adult. Is your daughter under a guardianship with you due to incapacity resulting from her 'mild mental handicap'?

Thanks for providing this additional information.

Stephanie Joy

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Stephanie O. Joy, Esq.'s Post: Legally I didn't make my self guardian, she lives with me

Thank you for the clarification!

It would appear under the circumstances that your daughter, whose autonomy as an adult has not been abdicated, has the right to do as she pleases here. If her father is agreeable to seeing her, than it is their mutual decision. As such, it is not your legal responsible to make it happen either, although morally may be a different story :)

I hope you have found this information informative. If so, please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, in order that it be recognized as such and I receive credit for same from the company. Your promptness is greatly appreciates. Positive "FEEDBACK" and bonuses are also appreciated.

Stephanie Joy

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by here is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources, opinion and information for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. I do not provide general or specific legal advice on this site. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and its associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you.