Christian
Christian, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  CA licensed attorney since 1995. Practice limited to family law.
10847729

What happens if ex spouse fills out school transfer forms

My daughter has been attending a school out of our district for 3 years. We have never had to go through our local district because she was attending private school prior. My ex husbands girlfriend has worked in the school district as does her mother. Now I have problems with my child and the school she is currently enrolled in and I want to know what are my daughter's rights and what can I do about the interference of the girlfriend and her mother?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christian replied 6 years ago.

I'm unclear as to your question. Are you worried that if your daughter goes to the local school she will have contact with the GF and mother? How old is your daughter? What type of interference are you worried about?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Christian's Post: No. I have my daughter attending a school that has far superior test scores and curricullum than our local schools. It was the only reason I removed her from private. Since she never attended publice school she did not need this paperwork from the school district, they never received money for her attendin the school district. The GF and her mother work in the school district. They are not happy that my 20 years of marriage did not pay them anything in the divorce settlement. They ranted about that in divorce court and the Judge was fully aware of this. I have handwriting samples from the GF and she did fill this form out. She did not sign it and I would have if I was filling it out. Also she left blank the father's info and by law I have to put his information down on the school forms. I am angry that someone could do this and nothing seems to protect me and my kids from this terrible behavior. Can I do anyhting about it?
Expert:  Christian replied 6 years ago.

Thank you - I understand better now.

It sounds like you may have a civil harassment case. In CA, do an internet search for CH-150, which I believe is the form number for the instruction sheet on civil harassment. This is probably your best bet at stopping and preventing this type of behaviour.

Good luck!

Christian, Family Law Attorney
Experience: CA licensed attorney since 1995. Practice limited to family law.