Christian
Christian, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  CA licensed attorney since 1995. Practice limited to family law.
10847729

My son currently shares custody of his daughter with

My son currently shares custody of his daughter with the mother 50/50. The mother recently moved from the Bay Area to Sacramento for a job. She is living with a man of about 1 year with 3 children all with different fathers. While the mother was living in the Bay Area, custody and school worked out. It cannot now in light of the distances. My son seeks sole custody. He is married without other children, owns a home and has his own business. He has an appt with Child Protective coming up. It was suggested that he file a motion for sole custody prior to the meeting. We need help with the wording and would like to know where to find copies of motions that have been filed under similar circumstances
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christian replied 6 years ago.

Were your son and the mother ever married?

Is their current custodial arrangement just between them or by order of the court?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
They were never married and the custody is by order of the Contra Costa County (California)Family court
Expert:  Christian replied 6 years ago.

Your son needs to file an FL-300 under the already established case number. If your son is represented by an attorney they can counsel him on this. If not, go to the CCC courthouse and ask for the Family Law Facilitators office. It may be called something different in your county but there will be an office set up there to aid people in filing these forms. They can guide him as to what must be included.

I agree it would be good to get it filed before he speaks to CPS, especially if the CPS report is likely to come out favorably for him.

Good luck.

Christian, Family Law Attorney
Experience: CA licensed attorney since 1995. Practice limited to family law.