Christian, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  CA licensed attorney since 1995. Practice limited to family law.

i have three kids living with me my ex left the house in ...

i have three kids living with me my ex left the house in augest of 2007 the ages are 12,14,17all are turning one year older in one to three months so they will be 13,15,18 real soon there mom wants to take them with her now and my kids dont want to go can she force them to live with her if the kids want to stay with me that is my question please answer me asap
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christian replied 8 years ago.

Do you have a court order regarding custody in place?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes it states the kids are to stay with me and can see there mom if they want to
Expert:  Christian replied 8 years ago.

I see the information you added.

If your divorce decree states that the children can choose whether or not to see their mother, then she will need to abide by that and you would not have to let her take them. If this is the case, she will need to return to court to have custody modified if she wants to force the situation with the children.

Have a copy of your judgment ready if she attempts to force the situation and the authorities become involved. They will want to read the wording of the judgment.

Good luck.