Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...

Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator

what states surrport the alienation of affection law

No Comment Added
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 6 years ago.
According to research only Illinois, Mississippi, Utah and North Carolina permit alienation of affection suits.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice.I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you.
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney & Certified Mediator
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
"The other woman lives in North Carolina" (his x wife) She won't stop calling him. ( He answers the calls) Where would I file (We live in Florida)
Florida does not have any alienation of affection suits, so you would have to sue her in North Carolina for this. In North Carolina the following elements would be needed to sustain a cause of action:

To succeed on an alienation claim, the plaintiff has to show that

(1) the marriage entailed love between the spouses in some degree;

(2) the spousal love was alienated and destroyed; and

(3) defendant’s malicious conduct contributed to or caused the loss of affection. It is not necessary to show that the defendant set out to destroy the marital relationship, but only that he or she intentionally engaged in acts which would foreseeably impact on the marriage.

You would have to review your case with a NC attorney to see if you can make out your case based on your particular events.

Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer