Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

can an ordaine minister marry himself and his spouse under ...

Customer Question

can an ordaine minister marry himself and his spouse under federal noted "wiccan belief structure "handfasting" with a minister witness
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

As we work together, please remember to click ACCEPT for each of my answers that is helpful to you. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work. If you need clarification of an answer, please do not hesitate to request it. Also, please remember that I am only aware of the facts that you present to me.

Generally speaking, a minister may not officiate at his own wedding. However either or both spouses may write their wedding vows.

All the licensing requirements must be fulfilled. Additionally both parties to the marriage must realize that the ceremony will cause them to be permanently married and not married on a trial basis.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you. If so, please CLICK ACCEPT. After clicking ACCEPT, feel free to ask an additional question or request a clarification.

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE

Bonuses and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to FLAandNYLawyer's Post: it is true under being correct law procedures ...but the attending minister witness may sign instead ....
sorry this would have helped if stated
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Okay. Please contact me if you have any further questions.

Best wishes on your marriage.

Also, please remember to click ACCEPT on my answer so I can be paid.

Thank you.