Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations of support, visitation, custody, etc.
10033880

i need to get a simple transfer of guardian letter sighned ...

i need to get a simple transfer of guardian letter sighned and notorized by my childrens mother and myself. what do i need to do to make this happen?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 9 years ago.

Hi and thanks for contacting Just Answer.

What state are you in?

And can you please provide some more background info for me?

Thanks,

Jane

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I live in north carolina, and my children live in west virginia. what type of background information do you need? this is a simple transfer of parental guardianship. There is no discrepancies between myself and the mother. we both agree that my oldest son would have more oportunities here in north carolina for education. our son is in agreement about this and is the one who suggested living with me,here. There was never any court custody arangement between us,it was set up through north carolina social services only. my case worker with dss told me that all we had to do was get an attorney or a letter signed and notorized by both of us transfering custody for medical and tobe able toenroll him in school here, ect... is there a legal form that we can use from the library, or should we go through an attorney? this needs to be done quickly for the both of us.

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

You probably should go through an attorney in West Virginia to draw up something for you. I realize that that is not much help.

If you'd like, I can try to find another expert to help you.

Jane