Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator

My wife recently passed away. I just found out she has an ...

My wife recently passed away. I just found out she has an out standing Chase Visa bill in her name. Am I responcable for it. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

My condolescense on your wife's passing.

Unless you agreed to be responsible for your spouse's debts, you are not responsible for her credit card debt. You do not inherit her debt. Her estate will is responsible not you.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. . You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you.