Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

Im trying to get a NH child visitation order

I''m trying to get a NH child visitation order enforced in FL where my children now live. My ex-wife is refusing to let me see my children according to the ordered schedule. In Manatee County, I filed an "Emegency Verified Petition For Child Pick-Up Order" (a FL state form) and the judge denied it saying this was not an emergency. He said I should schedule regular hearing time. Question 1: Do I need to write a new petition/motion for the hearing or just use the "Emergency" one? Question 2: I had to get certified copies of all relevant orders from NH to file with petition. Do I need to get new certified copies for this hearing?   Thanks very much for your help. -- Miles
You will need to file a new petition for enforcment of the foreign visitation order. You will need the same documents already filed, you should not have to get new certified copies of the orders and you can reference the emergency petition already filed for the certified copies. The Florida court should and most likely will recognize your foreign order and will most likely order that it be enforced.

If you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!