Cowgirl Lawyer
Cowgirl Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney for 22 years. Family law, child custody and support, domestic violence.

Under Arkansas child support laws, am I responsible to ...

Under Arkansas child support laws, am I responsible to pay child support when I have my kids during the summer months?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Cowgirl Lawyer replied 8 years ago.

Section 9-12-312 of the Arkansas Code establishes the parameters of child support in Arkansas. There is no provision for staying child support during periods of lengthy visitation. The duty to pay child support is determined by the court order itself. The court order may refer to your marital settlement agreement which also addresses this issue. Generally, the person paying child support pays it 12 months per year, regardless of the visitation schedule. Unless the court allowed the non-custodial parent to stop paying child support during lengthy periods of visitation, which would be reflected in the order, then you are responsible for paying child support during the summer months.

Good luck to you!

Please ACCEPT. Positive feedback and bonuses are appreciated!

Gloria Morris

Legal Disclaimer: The information I am providing you is for informational and research use only. You are paying me only for such information. The information is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. As the law is constantly changing, you are advised to consult with legal counsel in your area for specific information relevant to your situation.