Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations of support, visitation, custody, etc.

legal issues about a child of another marriage

Customer Question

my ex is willing to take custody of my infant we are not divorced but babys dad is not good can ex take my custody of my child i am agreeing and he is to to protect baby with serious medical problems while i am in jail
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

Yes, you can make those arrangements. Give him Power of Attorney to make medical decisions on behalf of the baby.

Short answer, but sometimes they are.

If you have any followup questions, please write back. Otherwise, please just click "accept" and provide feedback, too! Thanks,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
can i hide the baby while im in jail with ex to keep father away he has no proof the child is even his im talking about ex bf

Don't be doing things like hiding babies. Are you trying to get into MORE trouble?

If someone thinks the baby is his, let him go to court and file a paternity action.

Does that help?