How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rvlaw Your Own Question
rvlaw, Attorney-Therapist Mediator
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 8386
Experience:  Attorney-Therapist Mediator for CA Divorce Mediation Center; over 30 years private practice in NYC.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
rvlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Resolved Question:

Once my husband and I have sigmed the documents for separtion can I make him leave the home if his name is XXXXX XXXXX deed.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.


Did you enter a separation agreement that addresses the house.the deed, etc,?


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes it states that from the date of execution of the agreement we will live separate and apart.
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

No. Whose name is XXXXX XXXXX deed is not significant. It is imperative that you modify your agreement to add a specific clause as to who will remain in the house. Otherwise, you will wind up in court sooner than you probably want I'm afraid.


rvlaw and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you very much.

Related Family Law Questions