David (Esq.)
David (Esq.), Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Over ten years practicing primarily family law

I was served with child support paper here in CO from IL to ...

Customer Question

I was served with child support paper here in CO from IL to pay child support to my 7 month old daughter. They won''t let me talk to her, see her, anything. They keep threating me online over the phone etc. How do I find an attorney to help me get my child custody case going? I just got medically discharged from the army so am low on money.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  David (Esq.) replied 8 years ago.
There are a couple of ways of locating an attorney. The first, and obvious, is the yellow pages. Another way is online through a google search. Yet another way is to contact the State Bar of IL (either telephonically or online) and ask them for names of family law attorneys.

Those sources will give you names of attorneys you can contact. Then it's time to start making phone calls and talking to the attorneys to see if you like them and if they can help you (that includes the price). If you can find someone with a military background, s/he may be more willing to work with you on price.

If you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!