Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator

can i leave the country with only one parent ...

can i leave the country with only one parent consent? With kids or without?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
You alone cannot be stopped from leaving the country, however if you have children, you cannot remove them out of the state without the consent of the other parent or court authorization.

An adult can be denied to leave the country, if they owe child support or are a criminal fugitive or have been denied a passport, otherwise the adult is free to go, but not the children if there is another parent involved.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. . You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you.