RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

Okay, you guys and gals are so smart. I have been married ...

Okay, you guys and gals are so smart. I have been married since 02/19/2005. I have invested all of my income and savings including real estate sales to the tune of about $250000 in the last four years of marriage in capital improvements and new real estate purchases for this marriage. Now she wants to get rid of me. I feel really duped and I want to get back what I have invested. Any hope her. Oklahoma resident.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Oklahoma is an equitable division state. This doesn't always mean 50/50 but the court tries to do it fairly.If you made and invested $250,000 during the period you were married then you are looking at maybe getting about 1/2 of it back.

You are certainly going to need to obtain a lawyer here to file and represent you in this matter. If the spouse had incomes/property during this time you would be entitled to an equitable division of this as well. the good news is that since this is a relatively short marriage you may not be on the hook for spousal support here.

You will need the lawyer here to try and hold on to as much of what you have accumulated as possible here. Be prepared to loose at least a part of the income/holdings here. I can offer sympathy to you and hope that this turns out well for you. Good luck to you..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.