How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 40660
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to remove a child support lien

Customer Question

The account has a zero balance and is closed I am the mother and want any liens removed from my finacee. We are trying to buy a home and now everytime we got to buy sell or transfer property we have to go through another hoop because of the CS. The account has been closed since May of 07 and paid off since Sep 06. Again I am the mother shouldn't I have the right to get this lien removed?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You need to continue to press child support to correct this matter. They are the ones who can remedy this situation. You may need to obtain a lawyer to pursue this matter if you have no luck yourself. I agree with you that you are right in this situation. I find that this is all too common where they stick it on someones record but they are like molasses to take it off. It's not right but I'm afraid this is the norm when dealing with these guys. You just have to stay after them if you can..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.