Bill, Paralegal
Experience:  Paralegal with Family Law Experience

If a mother boyfriend whoops her chlid and left a mark. The ...

Customer Question

If a mother boyfriend whoops her chlid and left a mark. The chlids father Calls CPS and make a report. What are the chances of the mother getting sole custody, If the father is unstable.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Bill replied 8 years ago.

Not very good unless the mother has moved this boyfriend out of the house and under court order never sees the boyfriend again. The first concern the court has is for the child. CPS will review what happened and you living circumstances, and do the same with the fathers and in the worst scenario CPS will take the child from both of you for health and safety reasons and put the child in state care.

Good luck. If you have any other related questions please let me know. If you found this answer helpful please accept so I can continue to help others like you in the future. Thank you.