RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

I am already divorced with a 50/50 equal timesharing ...

I am already divorced with a 50/50 equal timesharing agreement. I can no longer live in the state (Florida) where the divorce took place and had to move to Georgia. I need to petition the courts for both moving and a change in relocation. Can you help me to find the correct forms I am to file?
Thanks for your question. Here is the relocation statute that deals with this issue. You would file in Florida where the divorce was granted. You are filing a motion to modify and also notifying the court of the proposed relocation. You may need to have a lawyer assist you in this matter or at least preview your proposed filings in this matter.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0061/SEC13001.HTM&Title=-%3E2007-%3ECh0061-%3ESection%2013001#0061.13001

Here are legal forms including the motion to modify that you need to file in this situation.

http://family.findlaw.com/?DCMP=KWC-G-PUBLIC

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply toCustomers Post: I appoligize because I dont think that I asked the right question. What forms do I need if a different one to file to change the visitation schedule?
Same one you are modifying the order, motion to modify probably custody and visitation. The time sharing won't work as it is because you are moving. I imagine your ex may oppose this, if you can reach a settlement it might be in your best interest..good luck to you...