RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

i will try again, can the civil court in chesapeke,va have ...

i will try again, can the civil court in chesapeke,va have jurididiction enforced against a person living in indiana, summoned by the court living in indiana, if he doesnot comply within 21 days by an indiviual, eeven though the plantiff doesnt have anything legal actually on the indiviual, and the attorney we selected wants 50000, to get the case dismissed, or is this a scam, no compliance would the plantiff be rellly able to win, or would it get dismissed with out us hiring an attorney, or is this just a wast of money
Thanks for your question. It is possible for the court to find jurisdiction in such a case. Part of the problem is that usually you have to challenge jurisdiction as a preliminary issue with a special plea to jurisdiction/special appearance or it is waived.

It many circumstances lay people file a general answer or appearance and shoot themselves in the foot so to speak.You really need to obtain a lawyer to make sure that you file a preliminary motion to correctly challenge jurisdiction under the court's rules of procedure. It can be a tricky issue that needs to be carefully addressed as a preliminary issue.

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.