Family Expert
Family Expert, Lawyer
Experience:  25 Years
9164795

My x-wife said would except $13,000 to get my life back ...

Customer Question

My x-wife said would except $13,000 to get my life back from child support. I owe $33,000 because of interest. Can I have a written agreement made from her, so she won''t come back and take me to court? I have no job, no car, no life with my wife. My wife is supporting me now. This cannot continue. I want my life back.....
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Family Expert replied 8 years ago.

Private off the boooks agreements with Ex concerning child support are very risky - she could come after you a year from now and the deal will mean nothing to a judge - much better to get it in writing and present it to the Court and have the court approve it! Then you will be okay!

All the best,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Will she need to have her lawyer draw out the agreement or shoud I get a lawyer to write an agreement and have her sign it?

Either way, probably she will want to have her lawyer review it - just get the judge to "approve"!

REgards,