Rebecca Mason
Rebecca Mason, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Family law expert with 4 years experience
8816448

My judgement for Dissolution of Marriage states that ...

My judgement for Dissolution of Marriage states that "obligation for the support and maintenance of the minor child, shall cease and terminate upon the occurrence of any of the following events, namely: (a) The child attaining majority (4/23/08), or graduating from high school (6/5/08), whichever shall last occur;   My ex says that support should continue until the end of the month of high school graduation (7/1/08). What is the correct date of termination?

Hi there,

Your child support should terminate upon graduation from high school, or on 6/5/08. You will need to pay through that date, however you may elect to pay for the next month (7/1/08). If not, you would make your final payment to bring you through 6/5/08. I hope this helps.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I am licensed to practice law in Colorado and do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information provided. It is best to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.