4ren6, Expert Criminal Witness
Experience:  Retired Law Enforcement.

How long can I take for maternity leave and get paid

How long can I take for maternity leave and get paid and what happens if I have to have bedrest for my entire pregnancy? Will I still get paid and will my job be protected?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
How many employees are there with the company you work with. Do you have sick or annual leave as well.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There are 3 full time employees and we do not have sick or annual leave unless we have it through our health & welfare insurance.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.

Missouri does not have any maternity leave other then what is allowed via the employer (as stated in any hiring contract) or by the EEOC. You can request short term disability under EEOC but your not paid for it. This is a leave of absence without pay. Again, short of any contract with the employer. If there were 15 or more employees then you would qualify after the required work time for 12 weeks of unpaid leave and be able to return to your job. This will be something that you will have to work out with your employer. Check your health insurance to see if they carry short term disability as well. The link below will provide some assistance to the laws.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks so much! You were very helpful