Law Girl
Law Girl, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have a law practice that is largely dedicated to family law matters.
635143

My ex-husband and his new wife constantly emotionally abuse ...

My ex-husband and his new wife constantly emotionally abuse my two sons and speak poorly of me while my kids are with them. Most recently my older son (10) viewed nasty text messages on my cell phone sent by his stepmother where she trashes me and tells me that my sons hate me and laugh at me. In one hour she sent me 225 text messages and froze the phone twice all because I picked them up (at the scheduled time) before they had eaten dinner. I am worried about how my sons will cope with this constant battle they have been placed in.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Girl replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer

Thank you for your question.

This seems very extreme. You may have grounds to seek a restraining order preventing her from texting you these types of messages. Additionally, you can go into court for an order requesting that the parents stop discussing you in front of the children. The children should not be amidst this conflict, nor should they feel forced to choose between parents. This may be construed as an attempt at parental alienation, an attempt to alienate you from your children. Courts frown on this type of behavior.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!

-KAT