rvlaw
rvlaw, Attorney-Therapist Mediator
Experience:  Attorney-Therapist Mediator for CA Divorce Mediation Center; over 30 years private practice in NYC.
3071004

I am divorced. My divorce decree states I am to have ...

I am divorced. My divorce decree states I am to have liberal visitation rights. For a year my X and I have been sharing dropping off and picking up my son. Now he says if I want to see my son I have to pick up AND drop off. Last night I could not drop off and he said if I did not drop off I would never see my son again. Can he do this and what are my options?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

The decree providing "liberal visitation rights" has apparently worked so far. However, given the ridiculous threat by your ex, it's time to go back to court and apply for a decree modification that specifically spells out the visitation times, rights and duties of the parties, etc.

Rich

This is information only, NOT legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been created. Consult an attorney in your state for legal advice regarding your issue.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to rvlaw's Post: my lawyer is looking for 500 to do this. is this right? why so much?
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

Frankly, it does not sound unreasonable. He will have to prepare papers; make at least one court appearance if not more; and may have to prepare papers following the court decision.

Rich

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
would I be able to make him pay for the court costs since he is the one making me go back to court to assert my rights?
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

You can include that request in the application. The court may order it.

Rich