How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The police were called during a domestic dispute a few ...

This answer was rated:

The police were called during a domestic dispute a few weeks ago and my husband took a few of his things and left. He just called this evening and wants to pick up the rest of his things tomorrow because this is the only time he says works for him. It is not a good time for me becuase I have orientation for my new job tommorow plus we have 3 small children that don''t need to be here when this occurs. That did not give me enough time to find a place to send them. Do I have to let him get them tommorow or is he required to give more notice?
No, you do not have to give him access to the property when it is not convenient for you. You are only obligated to comply if there was a court order issued that you allow him access on a certain date or time. Absent such a court order, you are not required to allow him entry.

Just a thought: If he becomes hostile or aggressive you will need to contact the police once again. The police can decide either to remove him from the premises or can ask you to bring his things out for him. If you wish to avoid any more aggravation, it would be wise to let him collect his things to avoid further conflict.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions