RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

im trying to renew my kids passport but my ex husband

Customer Question

i''m trying to renew my kids passport but my ex husband is refusing to sign, can i go to court and ask the judge to authorize?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the question. yes you can bring this back before the court. This is really the only solution here. I constantly receive questions in this area. It is certainly something I wish they would change.

The logic is that because of the child kidnapping problem the foreign governments and immigration now require this. It is a lot like the HIPAA privacy laws, they mean well but there are unfortunate side consequences. These are your situation and ones like it where an ex justs wants to be stubborn about it. You may need a lawyer to bring this matter back before the court.

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.