How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 38943
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a 17 year old leave home in North Carolina without ...

Resolved Question:

Can a 17 year old leave home in North Carolina without getting into legal trouble?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your question. A 17 year old would not be considered an adult in North Carolina and would be considered a reportable runaway. They could be returned to the parent. The parent would have liability for the actions of the child. If you have a child that has runaway it would be in your interest to report them as a runaway in the vent they cause harm or damage to others it might help the parent to limit their liability as they have reported the matter to the authorities. Here is more information on the subject for your reference..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.



RayAnswers and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you