CALawyer
CALawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  California Family Law Attorney
2669768

My wife was arrested one month ago. As she has ...

Customer Question

My wife was arrested one month ago. As she has confessed to the crime there is no doubt that she will be convicted a second time for the same offense. I currently have custody of our daughter, or I should say she is in my care as my court date for a custody hearing is on April 8. I have learned from reliable sources that my wife has made a deal and will be apearing in court tommorrow April 2, and will be released. My wife has been accumulating child support money since her incarseration a month ago. As for some strange reason she gets half my pay for child support that is roughly $2500. I am convenced, as she did this before, that once she gets out she will take our daughter and flee. How do I stop this.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  CALawyer replied 8 years ago.
The way to stop this is to get emergency temporary custody orders and orders preventing her from leaving the state from the Court. You can apply for these orders at the same Court where your custody hearing is going to be held.

If there is a serious risk that she will flee with the child or cause harm to the child, then the Court may be willing to both give temporary emergency custody to you and only allow her supervised visitation if you request it and can establish that it is necessary.

If this information was helpful, please click ACCEPT to give me credit for answering. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated if deserved. If you need any clarification, just post a reply. Thanks!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you I hope that I can do this at this late date. I will try tommorow morning at 8am when the court opens.
Expert:  CALawyer replied 8 years ago.
Good luck!

Remember to do your research and prepare your paperwork and case as best as possible. Some judges don't like to grant emergency custody orders and some will give them out like candy.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What sort of reseach and paperwork will I need
Expert:  CALawyer replied 8 years ago.
For information about the appropriate forms and research, you should contact Legal Services of New Jersey. They have a Self-Help Guide to Divorce in New Jersey, which should provide the information you need along with some forms. You can call LSNJ at(NNN) NNN-NNNN