RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

My wife was awarded life time alimony and now is ...

My wife was awarded life time alimony and now is cohabiting with a man in Arizona. does my alimony obligation cease in Pennsylvania and what actions are required by me.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your question. Under Pennsylvania law you can revisit the issue and ask for modification of the terms of the alimony.

A substantial change in circumstance, such as illness, retirement, or loss of income, can be grounds for the court to grant a modification or termination of the payment.

You may need a lawyer to present our case in this matter. You really have little to loose here and maybe a lot to gain. It sounds like there may have been substantial change in circumstances based on the facts that you provide.

The court will look at both your circumstances and hers. An attorney could help you file the necessary motion and prepare and argue this case for you. It is important to have a lawyer in this matter to have a successful outcome. Having al ayer in Pennsylvania makes sense logistically as well. I hope this helps give you some ideas and good luck to you..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.