Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator

What is the legal age in Colorado to leave a child home ...

What is the legal age in Colorado to leave a child home for a night, a weekend or longer?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
There is no law in Colorado which provides a specific age where a child can be left home alone. As each child is different in their development, a law cannot set forth the specific age. The rule is that any child that is mature and responsible in handling every emergency situation they might face if home alone is ready to stay home unsupervised for a brief period of time. This all depends on the child's maturity level and responsibility. As the parent is legally responsible for their minor children, the parent is given the responsibility to make the decision whether a child is ready to stay home alone.

You can read more about this issue for your state here.

Don't forget to click Accept for my time and research, thank you.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research/educational use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.