JENN, Paralegal
Experience:  I have a B.A. in Business Management. I spent 6 years as a paralegal.

Standard possession definition of weekends. If the 1st of ...

Standard possession definition of weekends. If the 1st of a month falls on a Saturday, is that weekend considered the 5th weekend of the previous month (assuming it is the 5th, not 4th), OR the 1st weekend of the following month, or BOTH at the same time? Same question for Sunday. This is all assuming TX Standard Possession, where weekends start on Friday and end Sunday evening, with one parent granted the 1st 3rd & 5th weekend.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JENN replied 8 years ago.

Weekends legally in Texas start on Friday. If the 1st falls on the Saturday, it would be considered either the 5th weekend of the previous month. In order for it be the first weekend of the month, that day would have to all on a FRIDAY. Ths same concept applies to Sunday as well.

Below is the FAMILY CODE for POSSESSION in Texas:

I hope that helps! Thank you!