Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

What is the statutes of limitations in a divorce ...

Customer Question

What is the statutes of limitations in a divorce ruling in the state of Ohio? This is concerning a settlement on a divorce that was done in 1999. I was given a single life annuity instead of a division of property. It was to come from my ex''s pension. It was started 1/1/08. I received a letter from her benifts people this week that I was not to receive any funds. She went back before a judge without me being notified and got a judgement to stop my payments. I have ask for a copy from her benifts people but have not received anything from them. My payment was due to be direct deposited today and was not. What can I do? How long after the divorce is granted can she get a change in the judgement? It is stated in the final divorce decre that I am to receive $900 / Month from her pension.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JENN replied 8 years ago.

Hi -

If you have children, it's normally three years. When were you actually supposed to start receiving the pensions?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Jennifer's Post: Jan. 1 2008. I received for Jan. Feb. & March. Received letter that I should have not received any funds and that they would like me to repay them for the 3 months that I did receive.
Expert:  JENN replied 8 years ago.
Did the letter state the reason why?