legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
4622441

how do I get sample letters to request a court hearing exten

Customer Question

My attorney has not answered or returned my calls for three months. I need an extension to my court hearing on order to obtain new representation. I need to write a letter to the judge for the request but am not sure how to word it.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 8 years ago.
All you need to do is state the style of the case x vs. x in court x and cause no. xxx, that you are (petitioner or defendant) and you have a hearing set for x date at x time. You respectfully XXXXX XXXXX continuance to allow you time to secure new representation because your attorney will not answer or return your calls. You are not asking for the continuance to undully delay the hearing. Then sign and send a copy to the court and to the opposing counsel.