Familylaw Guru
Familylaw Guru, Attorney at Law, JD
Experience:  Experienced in divorce, child custody, child support, paternity issues, and parental rights.
7902899

I live in illinois and I had a court order for child ...

I live in illinois and I had a court order for child support. My daugther's dad is now taking me back to court because he is not working. In july of 2007 I had called the state and informed them that the order they were using was not the correct order. I sent them the correct order and they recalcuated what he owes me. He now is saying that he disagrees with the amount they say because they were incorrect on how they figured the amount. also he says i am in contempt of court for giving them the wrong information
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Familylaw Guru replied 8 years ago.

You just need to object to his recent attempt to not pay child support. I would recommend explaining to the court that he has tried many times to stop child support and that he is just frivolously wasting the courts time. Regardless of whether or not he is working, he will still owe child support and it will be figured as though he is working at minimum wage. It is his responsibility to keep a job.

Show proof that you were correct in your recalculations and you will not be held in contempt of court.

Please ACCEPT so that I may be compensated for my time.

Jennifer

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Familylaw Guru's Post: i didn't figure the amount the state did
Then I don't see how he is claiming that you were in contempt. What I meant was show the courts the information you stated that you SENT to the have the calculation done.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Familylaw Guru's Post: Thanks that is what I thought I was just making sure. He likes to threaten me with legal actions alot.