How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Familylaw Guru Your Own Question
Familylaw Guru
Familylaw Guru, Attorney at Law, JD
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1349
Experience:  Experienced in divorce, child custody, child support, paternity issues, and parental rights.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Familylaw Guru is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in illinois and I had a court order for child ...

Resolved Question:

I live in illinois and I had a court order for child support. My daugther's dad is now taking me back to court because he is not working. In july of 2007 I had called the state and informed them that the order they were using was not the correct order. I sent them the correct order and they recalcuated what he owes me. He now is saying that he disagrees with the amount they say because they were incorrect on how they figured the amount. also he says i am in contempt of court for giving them the wrong information
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Familylaw Guru replied 9 years ago.

You just need to object to his recent attempt to not pay child support. I would recommend explaining to the court that he has tried many times to stop child support and that he is just frivolously wasting the courts time. Regardless of whether or not he is working, he will still owe child support and it will be figured as though he is working at minimum wage. It is his responsibility to keep a job.

Show proof that you were correct in your recalculations and you will not be held in contempt of court.

Please ACCEPT so that I may be compensated for my time.


Familylaw Guru and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Familylaw Guru's Post: i didn't figure the amount the state did
Expert:  Familylaw Guru replied 9 years ago.
Then I don't see how he is claiming that you were in contempt. What I meant was show the courts the information you stated that you SENT to the have the calculation done.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Familylaw Guru's Post: Thanks that is what I thought I was just making sure. He likes to threaten me with legal actions alot.

Related Family Law Questions