4ren6, Expert Criminal Witness
Experience:  Retired Law Enforcement.

can i change the locks on my home even if my spuses ...

can i change the locks on my home even if my spuses name is XXXXX XXXXX it and he has moved out I live in West Virginina
Category: Family Law
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
Why has she moved out. Are you in the process of a seperation. Is any of his personal belongings in the home.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
Any history of Domestic Violence also.......
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No history of Domestic violence, we are getting divoreced we will be divoreced in two weeks and none of her stuff is there just a couple of things I let her have that she has not moved yet.Just getting tired of her coming when she pleases at least this way I have to be there if she can't get in.
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
You say he has moved out in the first your saying she. Which is it the husband or the wife living there a seperation agreement regarding the home............?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
She my bad and she has agreed to let me have the house
Expert:  4ren6 replied 8 years ago.
If you have this in writing and she has agreed to such then you can change the locks.......unless it stipulates that she has access to a certain date. Otherwise until a court order gives you sole ownership you must not change the locks. As it is still considered her property as well until the courts make a final ruling. But if you have it in writing then you may change the locks and notify her attorney or her about such. realize also that as long as her name is XXXXX XXXXX title and deed she may have access. Best to get her off the deed once the divorce is final.